Civic Engagement Through Media Creation
Supporting the Community through Media Creation
Dr. Rogers has developed multiple client-based project experiences for students within our motion design and themed attraction design concentrations. Students have engaged in client-based relationships with the Indiana Department of Corrections, the Indiana Department of Homeland Security, Washington Township Schools, the State Department and the John H. Boner Community Center. Other partnerships include the Ronald McDonald House of Indianapolis, the Youth Philanthropy Initiative, the IUPUI School of Philanthropy, IUPUI Regatta, Singleton Video Productions and Freetown Village.
Funding Support for this work
- Rogers, C. (2017) “Experiential Learning & Assessment with a Community-Based Documentary”. Indiana Campus Compact - $2,500.00
- Rogers, C. B. (Program Director (PD)/Principal Investigator (PI)), "Washington Township Schools Parent Marketing Video," Sponsored by Washington Township School District, Not-for-Profit, $500.00. (January 1, 2016 - May 5, 2016).
- Rogers, C. (2013). Solution Center/PEN Products Grant - $1,000.00
- Rogers, C. B. (Program Director (PD)/Principal Investigator (PI)), "Service Learning Assistant Scholar," Sponsored by Office of Service Learning, IU Internal, $2,500.00. (September 1, 2016 - May 5, 2017).
- Rogers, C. (2016) RISE Grant - $2,500.00
Papers in Refereed Journals
- Rogers, C. (2019) Transforming Students through Integrative and Transformative Learning in a Field-Based Experience. Journal of Transformative Learning. University of Central Oklahoma, Vol 6, Issue 1, p39-49
- Studer, M., Benton, M., Rogers, C., Quirke, M. (2017) We Are All Teachers: Modeling Democratic Engagement in Faculty Development., Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning. University of Michigan. 23 (2) - https://quod.lib.umich.edu/m/mjcsl
- Rogers, C. (2016). Creating A Syllabus that They Will Want to Read. Quick Hits Presentation. Midwest SoTL Conference. April 1, 2016
- Rogers, C. (2015). Killing Two Birds with One Stone: Civic Engagement & Experiential Learning. Prism of Possibilities Conference. Bowling Green, Ohio. March 5-7, 2015
- Rogers, C. (2015). Creating the Well-Rounded Student: Skill Development, Experiential Learning & Civic Engagement. 2015 IUPUI Research Day, April 17, 2015.
- Rogers, C. (2015). Killing Three Birds with One Stone: Civic Engagement, Experiential Learning & Skill Development. International Society for Exploring Teaching & Learning. Savannah, GA. October 15-17, 2015
- Rogers, C. (2014). A Case for Real World Projects: A Partnership with Penitentiary. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education EdMedia 2014 Conference Proceedings. Tampere, Finland. June 24-June 26, 2014
- Rogers, C. (2013). You Don’t Need to Be in Hollywood to Learn Video: An Exercise to Reinforce Learning. Sloan-C International Conference. Walt Disney Swan & Dolphin Resort, Orlando, Florida. November 20, 2013